Thursday, April 23, 2020

PAPER PLANES

#NaPoWriMo #Day4 #ArtoonsInn #PoetryParlour #Paperplanes

I remember making paper planes small

In pre-teens, as early as Grade Three ball
August was the windy month great for flying kites
My paper planes taking off from our terrace merry flight
I made plenty planes of pages from my English copy empty section
Rest were made from newspapers for my assorted collection
Folding neatly step by step taught by my cousins dear
Whose visit was much awaited in summer vacations here
The favorite past time was blowing in our paper planes for flying
Checking whose plane had gone the furtherest complying
It was thrilling fun to watch our planes land in trees
Some planes turning right on a solitary spree
The best was the plane going inside our neighbours home
Uncle barging out furious looking for the culprit to come
Later we came to know of the reason for his anger plain
Love note for his daughter was written on the paper plane
You guessed it right it was my cousin brother secret love
Hidden no longer, his secret was out of the trove!
Pleasant memories gives a chuckle even today full on
Heart warming stories of childhood lives on!

Copyright @ Princess Lubna

No comments: