Thursday, April 23, 2020

THE AGONY

#NaPoWriMo #Artoonsinn #Day2

THE AGONY


That day your leaving without a word
I was left standing, gasping like a fool

Life ebbed out, all of a sudden, emptying me
How does one pacify an anguished soul?

All my insides torn and broken beyond repair
Distressed to the core of my bitter being

You were the blood flowing in my veins
Killing me softly each second each minute

Thoughts of you forever traveling in my mind
The agony the pain remained etched in my body

Weeks months years gone by languishing
Was it worth it, realization dawned, a little late

I gathered my bits and pieces of sanity
And I rose from the ashes!

I moved towards the sunshine, the moonlight of life
And I rose from the ashes!

I mustered courage to stand tall, conquer my anguish
And I rose from the ashes!

Copyright @ Princess Lubna

No comments: