Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Day 12 NAPOWRIMO#12 ANTIQUE SILVERWARE

Day Twelve


PROMPT: DULL AND SIGNIFICANT
ANTIQUE SILVERWARE
I am fond of my dull antique silverware
Intricate design of mughal era pretty rare
Sat on the mantle proudly its beauty my pride
Oohs! and Ahs! from elite guests sends my ego on a ride
Rich in heritage and history though has lost its glory
Sans lustre and rough edges looks almost gory
Unwanted advise solicited, to dispose off by many a relatives
As if million bees swarming buzzing in hives
Or Why don't you get it polished?
I silently prayed, May these aunties soon be abolished!
Sadly it is dull now bereft of sheen and any shine
It's still a prized possession of mine
Although it is dull now but I still love to look and see
Pretty much significant and precious to me
As it was presented to me by my dear friend who is no more
Fond memories revives shaking self to the core
Copyright © Princess Lubna
INDIA

No comments: