Thursday, April 04, 2019

DAY 4 NAPOWRIMO APRIL 2019MY ONLY SON

Day Four

I stay with my daughter and her family said a mother
Affected by Alzheimer’s her weakened memory getting worse day by day
I have one son he is on a very high post she proudly tell them
He is my only son he lives abroad with his wife and children

Masquerading her loneliness hiding her pain she smiles
She does not want to hear any ill against her only son
She hates it when asked why you don’t live with your son and his family
She deftly evade answering, despite her forgetfulness she changes the topic

Why doesn’t he call me? earlier he used to call every weekend
Oh! He works so hard. He must be busy in his meetings
But being forgetful she asks again why doesn’t he call me these days?
It’s been so many days and I haven’t heard his voice she laments
Reasoning that after his retirement he will take her with him
One day she asks when will he retire from his job?
Copyright@Princess Lubna
India

No comments: